DIY: ALL NATURAL HAND SANITIZER

March 15 2021, 0 Comments

Tired of super weird smelling and feeling sanitizers?! We sure are.. that's why we decided to create our own combo, where we know all of the ingredients & can save some money! This week on the blog we are giving out our AMAZING hand sanitizer recipe. Try it out for yourself with the recipe below: 

  

Cloak & Dagger Hand Sanitizer Recipe: 

1. Find a bottle that can hold your sanitizer (any sizes works)

2. Fill up about 60% of the bottle with isopropyl alcohol

3. Fill up the other 40% with aloe vera gel (20%) and witch hazel (20%)

4. Add 20-30 drops (depending on the size of your bottle) of your favorite essential oils. We use geranium and lavender. The best way to tell if you have enough essential oils is to spray the sanitizer on your hands and smell the essential oils, then you know there is enough (there is no exact amount, add however much sent you would like). 

*The key is to stick to a 2:1 proportion of alcohol to aloe vera, which keeps the alcohol content around 60%. This is the minimum amount needed to kill most germs. In our case, the other 40% is 1/2 aloe vera and 1/2 witch hazel so it's not so thick and gel-like.*

 

It's really that easy! Just a few simple ingredients and you are all set to be safe for daily life during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

 

XO, 

Cloak & Dagger

By Brookelynn Starnes